Entrust Sigma DS2 - Mid Level Plastic Card Printer
The Entrust Sigma DS2 direct-to-card printer comes standard with the Sigma-D range’s innovative simple-secure-smart features. In fact the DS2 goes a few steps further than the DS1 offering both options of single-sided and dual-sided ID card printing, faster printing speeds and a 3 year warranty.
Entrust direct-to-card printers promise smart features, and these are delivered in the print-from-cloud functionality and mobile device dashboard of the DS2, making it easy to print from anywhere.
With the Sigma DS2, it is simple to issue a digital flash pass and a physical ID card at the same time.
Entrust Sigma DS2 Direct-To-Card Printer Features
All 3 models in the Sigma-DS range are designed to be user-friendly. Entrust direct-to-card printers promise smart features, and these are delivered in the print-from-cloud functionality and mobile device dashboard of the DS2, making it easy to print from anywhere.
As the middle-of-the range direct-to-card printer in Entrust’s DS range, the robust DS2 Sigma printer boasts the following features:
- Prints up to 140 double-sided colour cards per hour
- Simple how-to tutorials and user guides
- USB & ethernet connectivity
- Print on premises or directly from the cloud
- Tamperproof watermark prevents counterfeiting
DS2 Printer Specs
- Side Printing: Single Side or Dual Sided (Note. these are different models)
- Print Method: Dye sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 DPI
- Print Speed: 225 Single Sided Cards per hour Colour / 660 Cards per hour in Monochrome / 140 Double Sided cards per hour
- Warranty: 36 Months
- Connectivity: USB & Ethernet
- Accepted Card Sizes: CR79 & CR80
DS2 Printer Options
- Magnetic Stripe Encoding
- WIFI Module
- MIFARE/ DesFIRE/ HID Prox / HID iClass contactless card reader
Besides the simple and smart features – and arguably the most important one – is how secure the process and the product are. Customer data is fully encrypted end-to-end for privacy protection. DS2 is protected against malware and viruses. The printer itself does not store any information once the printing is complete.
The cards themselves are tamper-proof and protected against counterfeiting. This is achieved with the Luster printing process that adds a watermark.
The DS2 direct-to-card printer is unobtrusive both in its size (only 44.2 cm x 22.6 cm x 22.9 cm) and because it is designed to fit into an organisation’s physical space. The LED light rin